Daily physical activity isn’t just good for the body; it helps sharpen the mind, too. It is especially critical for college students to engage in physical activity to help maintain balance and well-being. Our 健身及康乐reation team offers a wide range of possibilities.
Juan and Lisa Jones 健身 and Athletic Center
The Juan and Lisa Jones 健身 and Athletic Center provides the following for all Beacon students:
- Brand new state of the art equipment
- Intramural activities five days a week
- Free personal training for all students
- Free daily group fitness classes
- The opportunity to participate in our outdoor adventures
- 星期一至星期五上午9点.m. – 9 p.m.
- 星期六上午10点.m. – 6 p.m.
- 星期天下午1点.m. – 9 p.m.
Every member of the Beacon community is invited to play in our no-cost intramural sports program. It’s a fun way to interact with other students, 教职员工 while blowing off some steam. Offerings vary from semester to semester, depending on interest. In prior years, we have offered:
Beacon provides free personal fitness and strength training to students, regardless of fitness level. Our trainers are certified through the Aerobics and 健身 Association of America (AFAA). Appointments are available five days per week.
Personal training can be a great way to get started for those who are too shy to work with a group. It can also be a way to 焦点 steadily on personal fitness goals, whether they are centered on losing weight, gaining muscle mass or increasing flexibility.
Sometimes it’s just more fun to play with other people. We offer daily group classes that will get your mind off your studies and your body in motion. Typical offerings include:
- 初学者: This moderate intensity class will get you started with stretches and smooth transitions between exercises so you can build up your endurance.
- 重量训练: Who says weightlifting can’t be fun? This class will show you the basics of building strength and muscle mass. You will also learn how to use the equipment properly and maintain form to avoid injury and get great results.
- 尊巴: Imagine a total workout, combining cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility. 这是尊巴! It’s just like a calorie-burning dance fitness party that boosts your energy and gives you a serious dose of awesome every time.
- 瑜伽: This ages-old practice increases flexibility, improves spinal alignment, builds strength and enhances peace of mind. Although participants work in a group setting, the instructor provides plenty of individual attention. Everyone is welcome regardless of fitness level or yoga experience.
- 这种训练: When you’re really serious about getting – or staying – fit, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT is for you). It utilizes aerobic (cardio) and anaerobic (muscle-building) intervals to help you get the most from your workout.
There’s no better combination than exercise and the great outdoors. The 健身及康乐 team coordinates weekend adventures that bring together students, 教职员工. It’s a great way to interact informally, get the exercise you need and explore new skills.
New Intramural and 健身中心
作为12美元的一部分 Beacon Promise 资本运动, the construction of an $8.500万年, 28,000-square-foot Intramural and 健身中心 is critical to enhancing our students’ physical wellness and quality of life. While physical activity is important for all, it is especially important for 灯塔的大学’s neurodivergent student population.
For students with learning differences, 健身例程, exercise and participation in group sports are critical for fostering and promoting self-confidence, 焦点, 心理健康, discipline and social development.
捐赠给 Beacon Promise 资本运动 今天!